There was a review of more than 20 articles monitoring and measuring various body systems for improved function and their associated health benefits subsequent to chiropractic adjustments, primarily in asymptomatic individuals.
Results and Conclusions:
- The research revealed significant improvements in patient’s respiration, range of motion, heart rate variability, cardiovascular function, immune function, muscle strength, overall athletic ability once chiropractic care was initiated.
- Patients noted improvements in reaction time, information processing visual acuity, stress and reproductive hormones, healing and recovery time, general health of senior citizens, reduced labor times of pregnant women following or during chiropractic care.
- These initial findings document objectively measured physiologic changes and then associated health benefits in nearly every major system of the human body.
- It is plausible that chiropractic care may benefit every function of the body.
- Chiropractic adjustments affect the entire body.
Hannon, S.M. (2004). Objective physiologic changes and associated health benefits of chiropractic adjustments in asymptomatic subjects: a literature review. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, 1-9.